Active orogenic belts with special focus on the mighty ‘Himalaya' have always been my foremost interests.
I am concerned in understanding the tectonic processes that modify an orogenic belt at different spatial and temporal regime. I look into the quantitative parameters using the contemporaneous modification in the drainage system of an orogenic belt. I am also interested in finding out the paleoearthquakes using remote sensing and geological methods.
- since 2021: Postdoctoral female researcher, FSU Jena
- 2021-2018: Senior Research Fellow, Institute of Seismological Research, Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India
- 2018-2016: Junior Research Fellow, Institute of Seismological Research, Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India
- 2020-2017: PhD student, Kumaun University, Nainital, Uttarakhand, India. Title of thesis: Paleoseismological and Geomorphological evidences of Neotectonic activity of Soan Dun: Northwest Himachal Himalaya, India.
- 2015-2013: Master student, D.S.B. Campus, Department of Geology (CAS), Kumaun Universität, Nainital, Uttarakhand, India. Title of thesis: Geological Investigation of Narainbagarh Section, Inner Lesser Himalaya with Special Emphasis on the Kinematic Evolution of the Baijnath Thrust.
- 2013-2010: Bachelor student, D.S.B. Campus, Department of Geology (CAS), Kumaun University, Nainital, Uttarakhand, India
- 2019-2018: “Certificate of Appreciation” for scientific achievements in the session 2018-2019 from, Institute of Seismological Research, Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India.
- Kothyari, G.C., Joshi, N., Taloor A.K., Malik K., Dumka R., Sati S.P., Sundriyal Y.P., 2021. Reconstruction of active surface deformation in the Rishi Ganga basin, Central Himalaya using PSInSAR: A feedback towards understanding the 7th February 2021 Flash Flood, Advances in Space Research. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.asr.2021.07.002.
- Kothyari, G.C., Joshi, N., Thakur, M., Taloor, A.K. and Pathak, V., 2020. Reanalyzing the geomorphic developments along tectonically active Soan Thrust, NW Himalaya, India. Quaternary Science Advances, 3, p-100017 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.qsa.2020.100017
- Joshi, N., Kothyari, G.C. and Pant, C.C., 2020. Drainage conformation and transient response of river system in thrust segmentation of Northwest Himachal Himalaya, India. Quaternary International. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.quaint.2020.05.024
- Kothyari, G.C., Joshi, N., Taloor, A.K., Kandregula, R.S., Kotlia, B.S., Pant, C.C. and Singh, R.K., 2019. Landscape evolution and deduction of surface deformation in the Soan Dun, NW Himalaya, India. Quaternary International. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.quaint.2019.02.016.
- Kothyari, G.C., Shirvalkar, P., Kandregula, R.S., Rawat, Y., Dumka, R.K. and Joshi, N., Holocene tectonic activity along Kachchh Mainland Fault: Impact on late mature Harappan civilization, Kachchh, western India. Quaternary International, 507, pp.274-287. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.quaint.2018.10.032.
- Joshi, N., Singh, S., Pant, P.D., Puniya, M.K. and Kothyari, G.C., 2018. Polyphase or time-dependent kinematics and quaternary reactivation of thrust bounding Baijnath Klippe: Western Kumaun Himalaya, India. International Journal of Earth Sciences, pp.1-19. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s00531-018-1662-2.
Conferences and Trainings
- Quantitative Geomorphology sponsored by INSA – Oil India, organized at IIT-Gandhinagar from 07/02/2020 to 21/02/2020.
- Himalayan Mapping Techniques, organized by Geological Survey of India, NR, at Spiti from 15/07/2019 to 29/07/2019.
- Advanced Training course on Geological mapping in Sedimentary terrain, organized by Geological Survey of India, FTC-Kuju, ER, Ranchi from 16/04/2018 to 30/04/2018.
- oral presentation at Emerging Trends in Geophysical Research for Make-in-India’ held during 09/03/2018 to 11/03/2018 at the Department of Applied Geophysics, IIT(ISM), Dhanbad, Jharkhand, India.
- oral presentation at ‘9th International Conference on Geomorphology’ held during 06/11/2017 to 11/11/2017 at New Delhi, India.
- poster at 1st Triennial Congress of FIGA and 53rd Annual Convention of IGU on “Geosciences for Sustainability”, held at - IIT(ISM), Dhanbad during 08/11/2016 to 10/11/2016.