I am interested in the driving forces and timing of postcollisional exhumation. Currently I am working in the Internal Dinarides where the opening of the Pannonian Basin gave rise to a chain of tiny metamorphic core complexes. To find out more about the timing and kinematics of these core complexes I use tools such as geological mapping, thin section analysis with a focus in metamorphic petrology and Ar/Ar geochronology.
- 2nd place best student poster award GeoMünster, 2019.
- Worthington, J.R., Bucholz, C.E., Bold, U., Macdonald, F.A., & Löwe, G. (2019). Neoproterozoic Tectonic Evolution of the Ophiolitic Bayankhongor Suture Zone, Central Asian Orogenic Belt (Central Mongolia). GSA Annual Meeting in Phoenix, Arizona, USA.
- Richter, M., Löwe, G., Onuzi, K., Pollok, K., & Ustaszewski, K. (2019). Tectonometamorphic processes along a fossil subduction plate interface in the northern Mirdita Ophiolite (Bajram Curri, Albania). GeoMünster, Münster, Germany.
- Löwe, G., Schneider, S., Pfender, J., Preleveć, D., & Ustaszewski, K. (2019). Exhumation of a metamorphic core complex: The journey from mid-crust to surface. GeoMünster, Münster, Germany.
- Löwe, G., Schneider, S., & Ustaszewski, K. (2018). Dating extensional deformation within an accretionary prism. GeoBonn, Bonn, Germany.
- Richter, M., Löwe, G., Onuzi, K., & Ustaszewski, K. (2018). Tectonometamorphic and hydraulic processes along a fossil subduction plate interface gleaned from detailed mapping in the northern Mirdita Ophiolites (Bajram Curri, Albania). GeoBonn, Bonn, Germany.
- Löwe, G., Nabhan, S., & Ustaszewski, K. (2018). Contrasting extension directions along-strike a chain of Miocene metamorphic core complexes at the southern rim of the Pannonian Basin: the quest for a plausible kinematic model. TSK - Symposium of Tectonics, Structural Geology and Crystalline Geology, Jena, Germany.